Thursday, January 27, 2011

Update

I'm taking a class on my favorite books in the Bible- I and II Corinthians. This class is interesting…I don't agree with all of the professor's interpretations of the scripture, but I don't disagree with everything either. I Corinthians is full of gentle correction and spiritual truth and I appreciate it more now than ever. II Corinthians is like a ministry update and a lesson in sound doctrine all wrapped up in one letter. Seems like some great stuff to learn from and model after.
I'm writing an exegesis on II Corinthians 1:3-11, called "The God of All Comfort" in my NIV. All comfort. Verses 3-7 are incredibly reassuring and I find myself referencing them when I'm stressing. I'm excited to see what I come up with from poring over this passage for a semester.
I've been doing some design work lately, too. It's been a while since I've dived into any and I'm really enjoying it. I find it easier to create things that please both the "client" and myself than I have in the past. Maybe I'll post a blog of some of my work from the past year. Someday :) Oh, and I've jumped on the Gotham bandwagon. Ya, I'm a little late, but I chose to use it in a logo this past week! Snaps, anyone? The logo's for a young women's conference the college ministry's putting on at my church. Gotham and Lobster1.4. Very nice :) Check it out:














In the end, picture #2 was the winner. Fun design time.
I'm currently playing with some save the date ideas. Trying to come up with something without stepping on the fiancĂ©'s toes since it's his nitch…I just keep coming up with concepts and need to get them out of my brain! You know?
Oh, something I'm crazy about right now:
Science & Faith, the Script's new album. So great. I'm really enjoying it. Sure, I wish it had come out two years ago, but I forgive them ;) It was worth the wait in my opinion. I'm also liking Florence and the Machine's album called Lungs. Sure, some of the lyrics are a little graphic, emo and ya, ok, pretty strange. But Florence Welch's voice is so beautiful. So I just skip the songs that creep me out a little, like Girl With One Eye. Weird stuff. But, Dog Days are Over, Cosmic Love and My Boy Builds Coffins are incredible.  I'm also crazy about You've Got the Love, Hurricane Drunk and Drumming Song. I could go on and on. Not so much with Science & Faith because, honestly, many of the Scripts songs sound very similar. I don't know the album well enough to tell you which songs I prefer.
I'm also learning a lot. About myself and all. Ya, I feel like I write this every time I post, but I guess I'm still at that age of self-discovery. Which will probably continue for a lifetime. I'm ok with that. Just figuring out what my strengths are and what my weaknesses are. It's an exciting time and I can't wait to see what the next year has in store. 
My job is awesome, by the way. Another thing to be excited about :)
Have a great Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment