Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sicky

So I've had this cold/fever thing going on. And it's stuck. Like it's not going anywhere stuck. Like old gum stuck to the bottom of your shoe or when you were a kid and you thought it might be cool to super glue your fingers together. Not that I ever did that, but I saw some of my friends try it. Ouch.
Fevers seriously affect my ability to function. They are inhibiting and make me want to sleep all day long. They give me the weirdest dreams, too. I was so sick at one point that I dreamed the entire Star Wars saga was happening before my eyes at lightspeed. And I was so sick when I woke up…that would make anyone nauseous. Yuck.
What's the best way to cure a fever? Well, probably sleep, but when you can't do that…? Drinking lots of water? Taking vitamin C? Being a couch potato? I don't know. When I went to an Episcopalian church, they would pray over me. But if it didn't work…let's not get into that :)
Over-steeped peppermint tea is one of my favorite methods of keeping colds at bay. Lots of menthol and vitamins. And it tastes great, too. 
Having an excuse to bundle up is an upside to being sick. And resting. And sometimes you even get to miss school! Haha. But hopefully I'll be better soon. I don't like sneezing this much!
Take your VitC, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment