Thursday, December 2, 2010

Mushaboom, Mushaboom

I've been listening to Pandora Radio for the past few days and I've gotta say, I really enjoy my Florence+The Machine station. Ingrid Michaelson, Imogen Heap, Muse, Hem, etc join in and the playlist is wonderful! It's getting me through all my final projects. I've got lots of papers to write and one's late, which is something I've never done…but hey, there's a first time for everything.
Not that they're hard. Just a lot of reading, writing and…not arithmetic. No, seriously, my physics professor is assigning papers now instead of homework involving math. Strange, I know. So, no arithmetic, but instead: research. Research, research, research. I've already written papers on much of the material in the past (Aka, in high school. Ya, I know, I pay thousands of dollars for this ;) ), so I feel like I have an advantage.
But, finals are almost here! PTL!
Ya, I'm looking forward to finals. What's wrong with this picture? Haha.
I've been doing a lot of that lately. Laughing, that is. I'm referring to the "haha" above. When I'm unwinding from the day, I laugh with the bf. It's good for you, I promise. I'm enjoying it :)
It reminds me to find joy every day. It's something we should all make a habit of. As a friend of mine has reminded me, happiness is not joy. Joy comes from something other than good circumstances or good times. Joy is deeper and comes from being satisfied. Satisfied by what God has blessed me with, satisfied with what I have, contentment. I think this is why there is such a stress on being truly content with present circumstances. Philippians 4:11-13: "…I have learned to be content  in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Wow! Talk about confidence in God's will and power. Paul had seen it all and still found a way to live with joy, and I really think that joy came from being content and trusting in God's perfect plan.
Joy seems appropriate for December, right?
I've found myself content in the weirdest moments lately. Like the other day, I was content to be sitting in history. I know! It was warm, I had a notepad of paper (not computers allowed) and didn't have to do anything because the notes were online! Haha. It was warm and relaxed and the professor was on a role, so entertaining. And I thought to myself, "I'm fine being right here where I am." It's a wonderful thought to have.
I've got that thought going through my head right now as I'm sitting in the Student Union (not sure why it's called that…) and listening to Feist's Mushaboom and writing to all of you. I know I'm hard on school and pretty sarcastic about it, but I really don't have an issue being here today. And that's really nice.
And yes, I am almost always using these headphones. Thank you, Dave and Nina!
And I'm actually wearing lipstick. A gift from Clinique: Longlast Lipstick in Bamboo Pink. Wears like chapstick!

Enjoy today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment