Tuesday, September 28, 2010

2010

Where is this year going? I can't believe how it's flying by. It seems like as we get older, the years get shorter. And now it's almost October!
I haven't written in several days for a few reasons: 
1. Because I think only two people know this blog exists ;)
2. Because I've been pretty sarcastic this week, and no one wants to read that.
Well, and I've been busy. This week is hectic! I call Tuesdays like today "Crazy Tuesdays" (they happen a few times a month). But days like today help me appreciate my down time. Always a positive thing.
Mostly, I've spent a lot of this week processing. Processing mostly about things I've experienced this year as well as forgiveness. All this time spent thinking about how my encounters and a more merciful attitude have affected my life this year made me realize something else about 2010:
This year will be one to remember.
Seriously, it's been a year out of a reality TV show. I think you guys would watch it if someone ever aired it ;) But, that means it's also been a year of growth and that's always a good thing.
I think I'll look back on this year as a good year. Ok, and an overwhelming year. But a good one.
Someone recently asked me how I would describe my life if I could only use movie genres...It would definitely be a suspenseful romantic comedy kinda movie.
Told you you would watch it!
I've started a Bible study on the experiences of the prophet Jonah and man did he have some crazy things going on in his life. Have you ever been swallowed by a whale? Ya, me neither. It makes my life seem a little less weird. Ok, more than a little.
But anyway, in this study the author is always comparing Jonah's life to a life full of divine intervention. Not a life interrupted, not a life thrown off track. A life full of God's intervention. Um, I think that's what I signed up for when I accepted Christ as my personal Savior. Let me check...yep, I did.
And that's when it started to make sense.
I don't want a boring life. I don't even want a comfortable life. I want the life God has for me. And if all the craziness is a part of His plan and allowing me to become more like Him, then why am I complaining?
So ya, life's constantly surprising me this year. But I'm also constantly surprising myself :)
What's this year been like for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment