Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Get to Know Me

So, a part of this tag is that I have to post a current picture of myself…no touch-ups or added make-up allowed.


I'm at work in this picture, but I'm done with work…It's nine o'clock and I'm listening to Hillsong United. The headphones are Apple In-Ears and the hoodie and tee are from Old Navy if anyone is wondering…


Q: What made you choose your blog?
A: I've been considering writing a blog for a while now…I've always enjoyed writing and sharing my thoughts, so I finally took the plunge! The name is an inside joke, but I'll clue you guys in- my name is spelled Jacque, which is the French spelling of the American name Jackie. So, the bf said "You should call it "Blogue Jacque!" I thought it was fun :) and kinda silly, but...I didn't have any better ideas!
Q: What's your actual name?
A: Jacquelyn Nicole Allard
Q: Do you have any nicknames?
A: Lots. But the most common are Jacque, J and Jack. I don't appreciate the last one, lol, but it's stuck.
Q: What hobbies do you have?
A: Coffee, baking, reading, food, music, fashion, makeup, movies…etc, etc...
Q: What do you do?
A: I work for a church in the Children's Ministry department. I focus on curriculum and visuals as well as events and teaching.
Q: What would you like to do?
A: I like what I do. It's said that if a child comes to Christ before the age of 12, they are more likely to remain in the faith for the rest of their lives. I hope to help create a fun and safe environment for them (and their parents) in which they can begin to form a relationship with Jesus. And I love hanging out with them!
Someday, I'd like to just be a wife and mother. But we shall see...
Q: Tell us something embarrassing, but that you love doing?
A: Haha…lots of things! I'm a little quirky I guess. I love going to coffee with people. I don't care how well I know them or whatever, if we're going to coffee, it doesn't matter.
I love makeup. I always have. I don't know why…I was always the girl who did everyone's face and hair for dances and such. It's fun.
I really like singing pieces from Broadway musicals and any Italian aria. Beautiful stuff. I guess it's because I always did in voice lesson (I took voice for 9 years, performed as a soloist and in ensembles and was a music minor originally. I also love to help lead worship).
Q: Tell us a little something that we don't already know about you.
A: I have really bad luck. Like seriously bad luck. But a really good intuition. So they kind of balance one another out. It's like I get a good read on situations and people, but I am trying to not draw conclusions hastily because of it. 
And I have lots of deja vu from dreams. Does that make sense? It's like, "Oh, this has happened to me before…In a dream!"
I am blessed with very generous people in my life. Any Apple product I own has been given to me. Ya, even the In-Ear Headphones from the picture. I have some beautiful purses that were given to me as well. It's crazy. And mostly the bf's fault. I'm spoiled.
I am a health nut. Organic, all natural, no food coloring allowed kinda nut. I'm one of those girls who will turn down fast food unless I'm in dire need of calories. And it goes for skin care, too. I make my own face scrubs and makeup removers and would rather use aloe and olive oil on my skin than anything with parabiens and fragrance. But I do love perfume :)
Q: What achievement are you most proud of?


















A: Nannying these guys! No, they're not mine (I don't know why it's leaving such a big gap between the text and the photo!)
And becoming more like the person God wants me to be :)
Q: What do you most like about yourself?
A: Huh. I'm not sure…the first thing that comes to mind is that I'm hard-working.
Q: What would you change about yourself if you could?
A: I want to learn to empathize. I struggle with that at times.
Q: If you could have anything in the world (that doesn't cost any money), what would you want?
A: I have no idea! There are so many things I want to change and have happen, but they aren't things I can do on my own…I want to get married (but that costs lots of money, so…)...
I want to change the way people see the homeless.
I want to change the way people see Christians.
I want to have a positive impact on my community.
I want to be helpful to those in need.
Etc…
Q: Do you have any pets ? 
A: My parents have a dog…
Q: Name three things that are physically close to you
A: Laptop, monitor, green tea with honey :)
Q: What's the weather like right now
A: Warm. Hello Mother Nature, it's supposed to be fall!
Q: Do you drive ? If so, have you crashed? 
A: Yes! No!
Q: What time did you wake up this morning?
A: 6:45 am. Yucky
Q: When was the last time you showered?
A: This morning
Q: What was the last movie that you saw?
A: I can't remember…the last thing I watched was the Office Season Premier
Q: What does you last text message say?
A: Yes ma'am :)
It was to the bf's mom :)
Q: What is your ringtone? 
A: Picture by Mutemath
Q: Have you ever been to a different country? 
A: Yes! I've been to Mexico several times, England and Spain.
Q: Do you like sushi?
A: Definitely. I ignore the fact that it may be full of mercury. Ignorance is bliss…?
Q: Where do you buy your groceries?
A: Trader Joe's and Target
Q: Have you ever taken any medication to help you fall asleep faster?
A: Medication? Nope. I stay away from pills.
Q: How many siblings do you have?
A: I have a younger sister and a younger brother. Both happen to be taller than me :( haha
Q: Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop?
A: Just a laptop :)
Q: How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
A: 21!
Q: Do you wear contacts or glasses?
A: No. I'm supposed to wear glasses while reading, but I don't. Oops!
Q: Do you colour your hair? 
A: No, but I found a gray hair today. Oh man :( What does it mean?!
Q: Tell me something you are planing to do today
A: I am planning on going to bed early and hopefully watching SNL! I love that show. And I say that I love inanimate objects too much.
Q: When was the last time you cried?
A: Monday. I got into a fender bender for the first time, but there was no damage to either car! PTL! It was my fault completely, I backed into the guy because I didn't see him, but he was so nice and said it wasn't a big deal. I got lucky guys!
Q: What is your perfect pizza topping?
A: Green bell peppers :)
Q: Which do you prefer, hamburger or cheeseburger ?
A: I don't eat red meat…so…
Q: Have you ever had an all-nighter?
A: Well, I am a college student. I've had a few of those!
Q: What is your eye color?
A: Currently blue
Q: Can you taste the difference between Pepsi and Coke?
A: Yes, but I don't like either of them.
Ok, that went from really personal to impersonal…but I think these are kinda fun :)
Now you know me better!
I'll write something more original soon, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment